Capdiamont\’s Weblog


Dryer and roof problems
Sunday 9 Jun 2013, 07:00
Filed under: Uncategorized

20130609-092655.jpg

20130609-092706.jpg

This is the current state of our dryer. I can’t complain. For buying both washer and dryer for $100 used, the old belt failing is not bad at all. I expected more dirt and lit inside. There is a plastic pulley like thing that went somewhere I cannot identify. The heater and motor work fine. The tensioner is a glider type on this one instead of a pulley. The drum wheels look good and seem to turn fine. There is not much to these things. Remove the top, then remove the front. Step by step instructions is a good one. I didn’t bother with looking until I had torn it apart. Now to see about a belt.

The roof started leaking, so I called around. One didn’t return calls, the other would be out next week. Bought two tubes of the sealer stuff, borrowed a ladder, and reluctantly got up. I do not like heights. Found out around some of the vents we not sealed properly. Sigh. Saves $75 deductible. The roofers can tell me how much longer the roof will last, and give quotes on a new one.

I find it enjoyable of sorts to fix things. I just wish for more time to do all the things I need to do. My advice is to get out of your comfort zone and fix what you can. You will save money in the long run.

Update: belt part plus 2nd day ship was just over $40. With help from my wife, the dryer is put back together, and seems to work fine. I would love to own a higher efficiency model though.

Advertisements
Comments Off on Dryer and roof problems





Comments are closed.



%d bloggers like this: